California Tax Education Council

Tax Professionals


Who Must Register?

California law requires anyone who is physically in California and prepares (or assists with) tax returns for a fee, and is not an attorney, certified public accountant (CPA) or enrolled agent (EA), to register as a tax preparer with CTEC.


Additional Information

->> Click here to Find a CTEC Approved Education Provider

->> Click here to Print the 2023-2024 Renewal Application